I created this recipe after having them from a take-away pizza place. My husband loves mushrooms and got them as a side order with the pizza. I tried to recreate it and worked out what the ingredients were. It has been a good side dish to serve with salad for a light lunch or accompanying something more filling. Just to make life easier I use open cup flat mushrooms, but I have also made them using closed cup mushrooms. This takes some time to make but it is good to serve as a starter.
Preparation time:- 15 mins Cooking time :- 20 mins Serves 2
4 large flat mushrooms
4 tbsp dried bread crumbs
1 tbsp chopped coriander or dried mixed herbs
4 tbsp cheese grated
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
2 tbsp garlic butter or plain butter
1) Wash the mushrooms and remove the stalk
2) In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, Tabasco and coriander or mixed herbs to create the stuffing.
3) Heat a frying pan on a medium heat and place the butter in it. Once melted place the mushrooms with the top side down, sprinkle a pinch of salt on each and close the lid if you have one. Let them cook until tender.
4) Remove from heat and fill the mushrooms with the stuffing and place under a pre-heated grill.
5) Once the cheese has melted and browned you are ready to serve.